Thursday, November 4, 2010

Firemen

So I promised a tale of Halloween.

Siren is a genius when it comes to decorations. We rented the clubhouse in our apartment building to throw a Halloween party and I did not even recognize it when she was through. She got webs, candles, bloody wall decor, a fog machine, We both wanted this to be the biggest and most memorable party we have ever thrown and that is definitly what happened.

About three hours into the party the drinks ran dry and Siren and I had to walk back to our apartment to get whatever we could find. We stepped into teh elevator and as the doors shut the fire alarms started flashing.

Siren looked at me, "Is that our party?"

"SHIT" I started franticly pushing the third floor button on the elevator in an attempt to get back to the party.

When we got back to the third floor I ran down the hall to the clubhouse. Our guests were filing out of the clubhouse which was now full of fog. Siren took care of our guests and I ran to the stairs to catch the residents of our building as they were walking downstairs.

Neither Siren or I know many of the residents and I fully expected to be crucified and told off for waking them up. Our building consists mainly of commuters and business people. Basicly people who were not gonna be up our out partying on a sunday night even if it was Halloween.

I reached the stairs and opened them up to run down and I see residents filing down.

"Im really sorry," I say in a loud voice, "It was just a fog machine everything is all right. You can go back to your apartments."

A rather large man looks at me and says, "That all right can we take the elevators?"

I looked at him confused and then said, "Yeah you can take the elevators," because At that moment I remembered I was dressed as a fireman for Halloween.

I quickly walked away laughing.

The alarm shut off. Thinking it was over I walked back to the party and had a good laugh with my friends. Then I heard the sirens.

The firemen were actually really cool about the whole thing. But that's not the end of the story.

That night when we were cleaning the party up. I took out the trash. when I walked through the lobby I heard on the radio, "And we have fire chief ____ with us who is helping us keep track of all the false alarms and shenanigans that are going on this Halloween."

A deeper voice then came on the radio, "Hey we just had our sixth false alarm tonight caused by a fog machine. It was an apartment building down by the Ball park. normally during a false alarm you will get the entirety of the residents of a particular building out front waiting for us to tell them to go up. Well when we got there no one had come out. We didn't find out why until we went inside. The man throwing the party was dressed as a fireman. We are assuming when he told everyone it was a false alarm they must have thought he was one of us and left. That's pretty damn funny if you ask us."

so yeah, Siren and I through a Halloween party so wild it ended up on the late night radio news. Welcome to life. Definitely a Halloween party I will never forget.

RICHARD HEART


Richard Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment